Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

It's been a while since I last posted.  Lots of reasons for that.  Mainly, it seems that something I posted months ago was misunderstood by someone who should have known better and it really took the wind out of my sails for a while.  I pour my heart out on this blog and it's intention is to chronicle my spiritual journey.  I've attenpted to post a few times but each time I tired, I found that only angry words appeared on my screen.  I have Facebook to post on if I feel the need to let off some steam. (LOL) 
Anyway, a lot has happened since my last post.  I am doing online school at Liberty.  Patricia has joined me and will begin classes this month.  I changed my major from Religion to Psychology/Christian Counseling because I just felt like I was wasting my time majoring in religion when I don't feel called to preach.  That and the fact that the Theology class I took last quarter and the Acts class I just finished opened my eyes to the fact that I will never be a theologian.  I just want to be a simple person that loves God with all his heart, mind and soul.  I don't care about all the "deep spiritual" things.  Well, let me rephrase that, I care but I don't think I should spend the rest of my life in school only to find out that God wasn't as concerned with doctrines that divide us as we thought.  I took a long look at the world and with the shape the economy is in and the devestation I see all over the world, I figured, Christian Counseling is where I should be.  We have way enough religion and it doesn't seem to being doing it's job as far as healing the hurt that the world is feeling right now. Oops!  I'm starting to sound bitter again. 
So.. let's catch up. 
As of the writing of this post, we are in the process of putting our home in Short Sale.  Long story short, we were turned down for our second application for loan modification.  There just isn't enough money to go around.  I am one of the vast numbers of underemployed people and Patricia is still unemployed.  We've cut corners and clipped coupons and everything imagineable to makes end meet and nothing is working.  If Patricia hadn't become the Coupon vixen we would not have had groceries at times.  That along with the residual financial aid we get from school, we have been able to survive. 
Regardless, there is not enough to support our family and keep our home.  We don't know at this time, how this will all end up or where we will have to live.  We don't even know the time table; that is up to God and the SunTrust Mortgage. 
Anyway, if you read this post, don't feel bad for us. We are scared and at times worried, but our faith in God remains strong.  We are praying constantly for a miracle.  My son says, "All that matters is that we're together".  That is the truth. 
I hope that one day we will all look back on this time and feel blessed. 
Blessings
Allen

No comments: