Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Morning

I usually start my post off with a Bible verse. It seems I get so much inspiration from God's Word. I get inspiration from life.
Well, it's Tuesday Morning and after the day this family had yesterday I can't bear for today to be a normal day. My normal morning routine is this, the clock goes off about 6:30 then again at 6:45. I go and make sure Hannah is awake then I put the coffee on and wait for her to get out of the shower (usually 30 minutes, gees!!) then I go to Ashley's door and make sure she's awake. The coffee is usually done so while I enjoy my first cup I begin cooking breakfast while watching Good Morning America. These are the moments I treasure.
Today Hannah did not get up on time and has decided that I will take her to school later since she is exhausted from the Disney trip over the weekend. Ashley is also sleeping in and wants to be woken later since she is still exhausted from the Crown Jewel Conference this past weekend.
I am sitting here with my first cup of coffee watching Good Morning America. Breakfast is done and sitting on the counter for the girls. Will they remember these times when they are old? Will they remember the little things I did for them without them even asking? My hevenly Father is giving me lots of pokes and prods this morning. I didn't sleep well because I felt like my heart would explode. How can I possibly show enough gratitude for the little things that He does for me? How can I ever be grateful enough for the big things that I do ask for? I read the scripture about how God cares for the sparrows and wonder if that applies to everyone of just a select few. My total freak out over the weekend seems so far away today.
People who know me well know that I am an eternal pesimist. I always seem to see the glass half empty. (It really is half empty, fool) That comes from my childhood and from parents who taught me not to get too excited about anything because it probably won't happen or every silver lining has a black cloud in front of it.
I am sitting here in my living room and am overwhelmed with thanks and praise. There are other issues that I am unsure of; I don't know for sure how we will handle the car payment and buy groceries. I am sure of this though; God cares about me. He really does. I am overwhelmed today and it's only Tuesday. I am not overwhelmed not because of bills and unemployment that looms in the distance. I am overwhelmed that a God so big and so awesome can also be intimate and awesome. I woke up on Monday thinking, "gees, another week of "retirement". I don't think that way today. I feel a scense of hope that I haven't had in a while.

Well, I have to go. The girls are stirring and are ready for breakfast.

Blessings
Allen

No comments: