Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Waiting

I'm sitting in my living room waiting to leave for a much anticipated job interview. As you know I have been going through and study from Malachi and it has had a lasting effect on me. I can sympathize so much with the children of Israel. How horrible it must have been to not hear the voice of God for 400 years. Regardless of the chastisment they received before God went totally silent, they were still a people that was used to hearing the Word of God. Whether it was through His own voice or the voice of the prophets. Of course they didn't listen to His voice and that's where the whole problem started.
I was sitting here today, all dressed up in my big boy pants and shoes. I've got my tie tied in a perfect Windsor knot and I guess I cleaned up pretty good for an old fat boy. You know I cant' say that God has been silent during the past few months. Sure, it looks as though He's forsaken us and all but we know better. We have watched God provide for us for the past 3 months. He may be providing for us a lot longer. This interview may be a total bust. I pray that His provision today will come in the form of a job but, if it doesn't, I've promised Him that I would be ok. Sure, I may cry, throw my head back and pitch a fit, but I will be ok. I know the God of Jacob. I know the God that watches the sparrow. I KNOW HIM!!! I trust the way that He choses to take care of me. I have walked many miles with Him. Some of those miles He has had to scoop me up and carry me. But I know Him. I can see His hand so vividly. How can I not trust Him when He has taken such good care of us.
In the beginning of all this mess my family and I prayed that we would bring Him honor. That He would not allow us to bring Him shame by allowing us to freak out in public. We laugh about that now.
Well, it is 3:07 and I have to leave. I am praying for favor. I already have the favor of God. I am praying that He will allow me to have favor with men.

Blessings
Allen

2 comments:

MM said...

Dear Allen,
You and Patricia are so talented. Maybe you need to think out of the box like selling your songs to Nashville or some christian artists. Songwriters make alot of money and your music is something that you're passionate about.

GaGodChaser said...

Thanks for believing in me. The song writing thing is very complicated. I have submitted a couple of my songs but have had no feedback. I haven't been submitting my songs for years because they were so intensely personal to me and they come from a very passionate place. I'll keep writing regardless and Patricia and I will continue to do what we do with all our hearts; worship the King of kings. Thanks again for believing in us.
Blessing
Allen